By Louis J. Gesualdi
Read or Download A Peacemaking Approach to Criminology: A Collection of Writings PDF
Similar war & peace books
A Dissenting Democracy explores the strain among the need of the total of Israeli society and the suitable of the person moral sense to take priority over that collective will. the writer explores the dilemmas that stem from such a person stance when it comes to Jewish political culture.
This e-book is an exploration of nonviolent options and strategies which have been used to avoid and finish civil wars, invasions, and occupations. the matter of struggle is tested in mild of efforts to remodel harmful clash into positive clash. learn into choices has produced a corpus of information that allows civil society more and more to count on luck whilst it engages decision-makers in peaceable clash answer.
This e-book offers with the query how institutional reform can give a contribution to peacebuilding in post-war and divided societies. within the context of armed clash and frequent violence, very important questions form political agendas inside and out the affected societies: How will we cease the violence?
The ebook makes theoretical and empirical contributions to fresh debates on hybrid kinds of peace and ‘post-liberal’ peace. In employing strategies of energy, hybridity and resistance, and supplying other forms of hybridity and resistance to discover post-conflict peacebuilding in Sierra Leone, the writer makes an unique contribution to current literature via delivering a number of ways that strength will be exercised not only among locals and internationals, but additionally between locals themselves and the character of peace that's produced.
- The EU and the Israeli–Palestinian Conflict 1971–2013: In Pursuit of a Just Peace
- The Hong Kong Reader: Passage to Chinese Sovereignty: Passage to Chinese Sovereignty (Hong Kong Becoming China : the Transition to 1997)
- Local Agency and Peacebuilding: EU and International Engagement in Bosnia-Herzegovina, Cyprus and South Africa (Rethinking Peace and Conflict Studies)
- Why Is Your Country At War And What Happens To You After The War: And Related Subjects (1917)
- Transformative Change: An Introduction to Peace and Conflict Studies
- Great Powers, Weak States, and Insurgency: Explaining Internal Threat Alliances (Governance, Security and Development)
Extra info for A Peacemaking Approach to Criminology: A Collection of Writings