By Tom H. Hastings
The e-book asks the reader to contemplate the questions of social clash utilizing a cost-benefit analysis—which can demonstrate the advisability of strategic nonviolence. learn into the motives and correlates of warfare is powerful, and while that examine is utilized to comparisons of clash administration equipment, various conclusions approximately strength options for finishing warfare emerge.
Read Online or Download A New Era of Nonviolence: The Power of Civil Society Over War PDF
Best war & peace books
A Dissenting Democracy explores the strain among the need of the entire of Israeli society and the perfect of the person moral sense to take priority over that collective will. the writer explores the dilemmas that stem from such a person stance on the subject of Jewish political culture.
This e-book is an exploration of nonviolent techniques and strategies which have been used to avoid and finish civil wars, invasions, and occupations. the matter of battle is tested in gentle of efforts to rework damaging clash into positive clash. learn into choices has produced a corpus of information that permits civil society more and more to count on good fortune whilst it engages decision-makers in peaceable clash solution.
This publication offers with the query how institutional reform can give a contribution to peacebuilding in post-war and divided societies. within the context of armed clash and frequent violence, vital questions form political agendas inside and out the affected societies: How will we cease the violence?
The e-book makes theoretical and empirical contributions to contemporary debates on hybrid sorts of peace and ‘post-liberal’ peace. In utilising suggestions of energy, hybridity and resistance, and delivering other kinds of hybridity and resistance to discover post-conflict peacebuilding in Sierra Leone, the writer makes an unique contribution to latest literature by way of supplying numerous ways that energy will be exercised not only among locals and internationals, but in addition between locals themselves and the character of peace that's produced.
- The World Says No to War: Demonstrations against the War on Iraq (Social Movements, Protest and Contention)
- Geographies of Peace: New Approaches to Boundaries, Diplomacy and Conflict Resolution (Shi'i Heritage)
- Understanding Conflict and Violence: Theoretical and Interdisciplinary Approaches
- The Art of Peacemaking: Political Essays by István Bibó (World Thought in Translation)
- Five Risks Presbyterians Must Take for Peace: Renewing the Commitment to Peacemaking in the PC(USA)
- Peace, Justice and International Order: Decent Peace in John Rawls' The Law of Peoples
Extra info for A New Era of Nonviolence: The Power of Civil Society Over War